No matter what is happening this time of year, there's one thing more important than anything else: family.
This month has been hard for my extended family. (You'll have to watch this week's video for the whole story.) But one message I've gotten through it all is how much family matters.
You are probably up to your eyeballs in Christmas prep, end-of-the-year business stuff, wrapping up 2018, and getting ready to start 2019. I get it. But can you pause for a bit? Can you take a break? Can you shut down the computer and make some cookies? Make some memories? Be really present for your kids, spouse, and friends? Because, really, isn't that what matters?
Coming up on Monday, January 7th, I'm doing something new. I'm hosting a Planning and Strategy day via Zoom. For 3 hours, we are going to clear space to make plans for the New Year. I'll give out handouts and direct the time to help you map out what you are going to accomplish and how you're going to get there. This is free for all Inner Circle Members and anyone on Managed Services (SEO, Google Ads management and FB ads management). Check your email for the invitation to join us!
Here's the thing: knowing that this planning day is coming will help you release all the stress and tension in your brain right now. Just file it away. We'll take some focused time (doesn't that sound lovely?) to make a plan for the New Year. So let's focus on the Christmas season, shall we? Work will always be there. Our family needs us now.
Simple ways to make more time for family during this season:
1. Buy a new puzzle. Set it up on a table and let people work on it throughout the day.
2. Watch old movies that bring back fond memories of years past.
3. Decorate sugar cookies (it's okay to buy the refrigerated dough!)
4. Turn on the "Christmas Traditional Radio" on Pandora. Another favorite of mine is "Michael W. Smith (Holiday) Radio"--wonderful orchestral arrangements!
5. Turn off all the lights and just gaze at your Christmas tree.
6. Eat pizza on a quilt in the family room.
7. Go on a walk after the sun sets. Listen to the stillness.
8. Make Chex Mix. Add M&M's.
9. Diffuse "Christmas Spirit" by Young Living oils. Let the scent become part of your traditions. Whenever you smell it, let the memories come floodig back.
10. Enjoy the Christmas mess. The years fly by so quickly and soon it will all be gone.
More ideas? Send them to me. I'd love to hear!
Congratulations, James Zeck on publishing your website! We’re excited for you!!
Welcome, new Facebook management clients! We are thrilled to help you get new clients from FB this coming year!
Congrats to our clients who are crushing the competition and dominating the online space on page 1 of Google!
We have more Happy Kids, Growing Biz books available! Order yours (and the acccomanying workbook) HERE.
About the Author
Hi, I'm Jen Hickle!